MPS Egg Farms – Bird Moving Crew Opportunities Available! - ENTRY LEVEL - WILL TRAIN!
NIVEL INICIAL - SE IMPARTIRÁ CAPACITACIÓN - CONTRATACIÓN INMEDIATA - IDIOMA ESPAÑOL
Up to $14.50 per hour
MPS Egg Farms' Service facility located in North Manchester, Indiana is hiring for our Bird Moving operations.
We offer good pay up to $14.50 per hour, steady hours, and a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, paid vacation, paid holidays, and other benefits. This is an excellent opportunity for those interested in starting a career in the agricultural industry.
MPS Egg Farms is one of the largest and most reliable shell egg producers in the United States, with roots dating back to 1875. We are currently the 8th largest egg producer in the US, with over 11 million hens.
Position Summary: Bird Moving Crew Team Member
Bird Moving Crew members are responsible for the safe transfer of birds to (and out of) our layer facilities at various company farm locations in Indiana and Illinois. Crew members are responsible for loading/unloading pullets at production facilities. In addition, Bird Moving Crew members assist in the process of removing spent birds from facilities and the cleaning of the bird houses. Crew Members are also responsible for one or more of the following areas: Spent Hens, Barn Cleaning, Loading, Unloading, and Vaccination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Record information according to instructions
- Maintain high standards of animal welfare at all times
- Follow all company rules and regulations for biosecurity, animal welfare, and safety
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Work productively in a team environment and assist in any areas or operations as assigned
- Work on various farms as required and directed
- Efficiently herd, load, and unload hens according to established procedures
- Utilize effective time management in hen moving operations and activities
- Remove birds from cages and load into carts
- Load carts on trucks
- Push loaded carts that weigh up to 500 pounds
- Push loaded carts 500 feet or more
- Remove carts from trucks and place live hens in cages
- Wash and disinfect hen production facilities, walls, and equipment in a safe and organized manner using various tools and following all established protocols
- Remove any remaining feed, eggs, feathers, manure, etc.
- Work with a variety of tools and equipment
- Repair and/or direct the repair of the equipment as needed
- Authorized employees will be required to drive a company vehicle
- Organize and prioritize responsibilities to ensure efficient operations
- Attend meetings, training, and educational classes as required
- Responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Prior personal or professional experience working with livestock on a farm setting is preferred
- Successfully work with live animals in a farm environment
- Ability to work in loud noisy environments
- Ability to work around foul odors
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Have the ability to push, bend, reach, stoop, squat, and pull continuously in awkward positions
- Grip, grasp, or twist using hands and wrists repetitively
- Able to walk approximately 5-10 miles daily
- Able to work with chemicals, such as detergents, disinfectants, etc.
- Able to work in an environment with caged or cage-free birds
- Able to follow spoken and written instructions in English
- Reliable and dependable work ethic
- Able to perform all aspects of this job (repetitive movements, standing for long periods, lifting up to 75 pounds, performing visual inspections of hens, materials, containers, feeders, etc.)
- Able to work a flexible schedule, which will include weekends, holidays, and extended hours
- Perform the duties of the job rapidly while constantly moving and using hands, occasionally lifting heavy objects while being exposed to dust, manure, cold, humidity, heat, chemicals and fumes
- Work is performed in a farm environment, that includes working outdoors in various seasonal conditions, i.e., hot and humid, cold, dry and/or dusty, damp and/or wet, etc.
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaking skills a plus
- Requires overnight stay when assigned to Illinois location
During the current Pandemic, all Team Members are required to wear company issued or authorized facial coverings while at work.
The jobsite is a biosecure environment which requires the strict daily adherence to established biosecurity processes and procedures before entering the facility. Appropriate clothing and footwear coverings are provided by the Company. All employees are required to sign an agreement to avoid any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). All employees are required to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
MPS Egg Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MPS Egg Farms es un empleador que cumple los principios de igualdad de oportunidades.
Experience that would be considered a plus would include: Manufacturing -Packaging - Warehouse - Picker Packer - Production - Food Processing
La experiencia que se consideraría una ventaja incluye: Manufactura - Empaquetado - Almacén - Seleccionar y empaquetar - Producción - Procesamiento de alimentos - Bilingüe en español